#SeasonOfSmalls is a little event I started in 2020 to encourage folks to take a break from stitching larger projects to stitch a few smalls during the month of September. The idea is to get a quick 'win' and finish while taking a quick break from long-term stitches.
It was such a success that I immediately decided to make this an annual tradition!
This year's #SeasonOfSmalls will span September 1, 2022 to October 31st, 2022 to coincide with #MarathonForMMIWG2S.
While I'm not stitching all the smalls like I did last year, I'm still hoping that I can encourage folks to help me raise funds for The Coalition to Stop Violence Against Native Women, the organization that the marathon will be supporting this year.
If you'd like to participate in this year's #SeasonOfSmalls, either by crafting or by donating to the cause, all the information you need is below.
Happy stitching everyone!
- Four prize winners will be drawn after the end of the event on October 31, 2022.
- Participants may enter the drawing only once for each participation method, for a maximum of 2 entries per person.
- One winner each will be drawn from the individual participant pools for each method of entry.
- 2 winners will be drawn from the combined pool of entrants.
- Join by crafting:
- Start a new 'small' on or after September 1, 2022.
- Post a photo of your ready-to-start project to Instagram using the hashtag #SeasonOfSmalls.
- Post progress photos through the event to social media using the hashtag #SeasonOfSmalls.
- Finish your small by October 31, 2022.
- Complete the event Google form (available after September 5, 2022), making sure to include a photo of your #SeasonOfSmalls start (or ready-to-start project) and finish.
- Join by donating to the cause:
- Make a donation under my name to help me meet my fundraising coal for the #MarathonForMMIW : https://app.99pledges.com/fund/marathonfo1/jessi-g OR make a donation directly to the organization we're supporting (@CSVANW), The Coalition to Stop Violence Against Native Women .
- Complete the event Google form (available after September 7, 2022), making sure to include proof of your donation.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Complete the event Google form before midnight EST on October 31, 2022. You can access the event google form here: https://forms.gle/3ESLUyra2Zyy5dHg7